“Poetry is language at its most distilled and most powerful.” – Rita Dove
In case you did not know, it is World Poetry Day! Today we celebrate all of the past, present, and future poets along with their work. Poetry is a big part of society as it is a form of art that can bring to light many different issues, and it also helps people to be expressive in an interesting and entertaining way.
Put some time aside and pick up a book, either to read someone else’s written creations or to try and come up with your own.
I know what I will be writing, as well as reading…
Woah. It has been a year.
On September 7th of 2015, I started this blog. And now I am here, a year later. Time has flown by, at least through my eyes.
I have posted a total of 19 posts, with many more to come.
I would like to give thanks for all of support from everyone who has read my blog. You are a big part of the reason I do what I love, writing.
Me: Has nothing to write about.
Me: Writes about having nothing to write about!
But all and all aside, I did not have anything to write about for the past few days…. So I decided to make a post about things to write about! If you have writers block or are just out of inspiration, come check out my list and hopefully it will help…. But more not.
- Puppies! Or pets, everyone loves animals.
- Your favourite book
- Technology, how about a product review?
- You gotta love rocks.
- Social Media… And how the Internet will take over.
- The fact that even teenagers think Donald Trump will ruin the world
- Chocolate (yum)
- That Sherlock comes out only every two years, the wait is painful
- Plants, succulents, daises, grass, trees, bushes, cactuses, sunflowers, Venus flytraps, evil tulips
- Colouring books for adults…. Which are insanely priced
- Adidas Superstars which everyone and their cousin seems to have
- Light-up, water filled, colour changing speakers
- That pencil collection you had in first grade
- Losing your pencil collection
- Losing your keys
- Losing your marbles
- Losing your sanity
(If you have not noticed, yes some things in this list were exaggerated, and yes this list is a bit of a joke.)