2016 has been….. an interesting year to say the least. From bottle flipping to an election, many things happened.
Some may argue that the year has been one of the worst in their lifetime.
To shift away from all that negativity, I would like to make my last blog post of 2016 a list of things that make you happy. Items, animals, people or events that bring joy into our lives, or maybe an everyday action or occurrence. I hope this list makes you smile, and that you end your 2016 on a happy note.
- Rainy days
- The weekend (the days not the singer!!!)
- Warm blankets
- Hot chocolate, tea or coffee
- Oversized sweaters and shirts
- Old and cherished books
- Calligraphy (who doesn’t love beautiful handwriting?)
- A hug
- Being able to sleep in
- Reflecting on old happy memories
- Feeling the wind in your face
- Anything fluffy
- Stretching your limbs after you have staying in one spot for awhile, or after you wake up
- Find new and good music
- A good hair day
- Paint mixing videos
- When your phone is 100% charged
- A perfectly symmetric photo
- The perfect winged eyeliner, on both eyes
- Seeing your friends happy
- Reading a good book
Surround yourself with things that make you happy in 2017, and have a happy new year.
A while back, I made a post about music, my music choices and listed a few songs you should check out. Well I am back with a list again with new songs for you to enjoy (hopefully as much as I do).
la devotee // panic! at the disco
sweater weather // the neighbourhood
tired of talking / léon
cancer // cover by twenty one pilots
stolen dance // milky chance
come on eileen // dexy’s midnight runners
flowerchild // coleman hell
catch and release // matt simons
2 heads // coleman hell
atlantis (feat. kaiydo) // bridget mendler
send my love // adele
back to the bottom // port cities
plastic flowers // the front bottoms
stand down // brandyn burnette
It’s finally here, summer!
No more school, snow or homework to worry about. 2 months of lots of fun and sun.
I have put together a list of things to do this summer if at any point you find yourself bored, or looking for something to do.
– See a movie
– Go to the mall
– Laser tag
– Go swimming/Go to a beach
– Spend a day downtown (window shopping or actually shopping)
– Have a picnic with friends
– Go on a bike ride
– Have a Family Game Day
– Movie Marathon on Netflix
– Have a water balloon or gun fight
– Redecorate your house
– Read a new book!
– Create a Summer Bucket List
– Have a pool party
– Write a book
– Put on a play
– Watch a play
– Volunteer somewhere in your community
– Write a song or poem
– Catch a sunset and sunrise
– Have a fashion show
– Make a collage out of old newspapers and magazines
– Get a new hairstyle
– Go see a drive-in movie
– Make a tapestry (tie dye)
– Go go-karting
– Create a website
– Take a tour of your city
– Learn how to juggle
– Go on a road trip
– Have a bonfire
– Create a chalk mural
– Design a motivational poster to hang in your room
Me: Has nothing to write about.
Me: Writes about having nothing to write about!
But all and all aside, I did not have anything to write about for the past few days…. So I decided to make a post about things to write about! If you have writers block or are just out of inspiration, come check out my list and hopefully it will help…. But more not.
- Puppies! Or pets, everyone loves animals.
- Your favourite book
- Technology, how about a product review?
- You gotta love rocks.
- Social Media… And how the Internet will take over.
- The fact that even teenagers think Donald Trump will ruin the world
- Chocolate (yum)
- That Sherlock comes out only every two years, the wait is painful
- Plants, succulents, daises, grass, trees, bushes, cactuses, sunflowers, Venus flytraps, evil tulips
- Colouring books for adults…. Which are insanely priced
- Adidas Superstars which everyone and their cousin seems to have
- Light-up, water filled, colour changing speakers
- That pencil collection you had in first grade
- Losing your pencil collection
- Losing your keys
- Losing your marbles
- Losing your sanity
(If you have not noticed, yes some things in this list were exaggerated, and yes this list is a bit of a joke.)
Genres, songs, artists, rhythm, beat, music. Music is something we all love and definitely something we all cherish. People typically have a favourite artist or two, but not me.
I do not get attached I guess.
People are fans of artists for years and years, dedicated to knowing all of their songs and albums. In my case, I just listen to what I like, and whatever I come across.
I hear a song. If it has a nice tone, pitch tempo (or whatever) I listen to it. Add it to my playlist. Simple. I do not worry so much about the artists and everything about them, but I worry about their music. What is in their songs and their music is what matters most to me.
Here is a list of songs I 100% recommend you listen to, whatever your taste may be.
(My list is in no particular order.)
house of gold // twenty one pilots
midnight city // m83
everybody wants to rule the world // lorde
please don’t go // joel adams
lose it // oh wonder
livewire // oh wonder
beat of my drum // powers
ophelia // the lumineers
stole the show // kygo
this is gospel // panic! at the disco
the judge // twenty one pilots